Fresh indoor air is an essential part of a healthy home and one of the factors that play an important role in determining air quality is the condition of window screens. Most home owners find their skylight full of dust and dirt over the course of time and suppose it eventually need a good cleansing. The question is what’s the best way to make them glossy and assure easy breathing?
The solution is cleaning your window screens. The following tips will have your window screens sparkling in no time:
1. The first thing you have to do is remove your window screens completely from the frame. Never start cleaning the screen from the inside as this could cause water damage to the surrounding areas of your home in addition to push dirt and debris into the gaps of your windows.
2. Take the screen outside and lay it on a soft surface such as an old blanket or towel. Put them somewhere it is free from the wreckage and more messy places.
3. Fill a bucket with a blend of dish detergent and warm water. To make it even easier, pour the mixture in a spray bottle. You may also use a solution of 2 cups of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Spray down bit by bit on your screens.
4. Now that you have sprinkled the detergent mixture, use a soft bristle brush or a soft cloth to scrub your screens and frame gently. Hold the screen uptight and rinse the screens with a garden pipe and allow to air dry before replacing.
Tips: Some may use a pressure washer to clean their window screens. The force from a pressure washer can weaken the screen material and cause it to scratch or even break. Well if you don’t have proper knowledge to use it, call the pressure washing experts.
5. While your screens are drying is a great time to clean out your window shelves and the casements before reinstalling.
Cleaning window screens can help extend their lifespan and save you money in the long run. So clean your windows once in every 6 months to keep them looking shiny and make them last for years to come.
About Our Company
Get smooth cleaning surfaces without any dribbles down your windows from our Wally’s Window Cleaners. We maintain our easy and quick cleansing process in your aperture and put an end to water drips. You can always expect perfection and satisfaction at the same time. Place a quick call (860) 625-7414 and get ready to have crystal clear windows.