Professional House Cleaning Tips and Tricks
We all seem to be so impatient to have a perfect, spotless room.
We all love that moment when we sit back in a comfy chair, look around at our amazing clean house and breathe a sigh of relief!
But hey, you don’t have to do everything at once. Even when the time seems short, if you can manage one task each day, things will automatically start to work themselves out.
Here are 6 easy peasy tips from professional cleaners to help you with starting your day. A checklist that will lead to the end of tenancy cleaning service:
- Have a happy morning by making the beds, picking up the dirty laundry and emptying the dishwasher.
- A clean bathroom counter and kitchen sink can do wonders for your house. So always keep the dirty sinks sparkling with a cleaner.
- Put the items back in their respective place. Sweep the kitchen floor, the bedroom and the living room. Divide each and every member of your family into groups and accordingly assign appropriate tasks.
- Set a timer for 10 to 20 minutes. This way you will be able to know exactly how much time you have left to complete the task.
- Set up your checklist and don’t pile it up for tomorrow.
Focus on what you are doing and you will finish more quickly. Use these extra tricks as you go through the cleaning checklist one by one:
This is a good process to start when cleaning your house, as it gives you the opportunity to pick things up off the floor, fuzzy pillows and sheets, fold blankets and basic tidying. Always remember to start from the top to bottom, then back to front, as you go dusting; just one area at a time.
What I want you to do is, take a picture of your room on your cell phone before you start dusting. Now move items to the other place and start working.
Ceiling fans: are the most common spots where the dust is easily attracted. Take a stool or a chair and let the dust flutter away.
Window Shelves: Raise all blinds and curtains to access the shelves.
Baseboards: Who can forget about those dirty sticky baseboards! Clean them with a damp mop.
Light Switch and Door Jams: Take a damp cloth and wipe off these areas.
Basics: If you want everything to be perfect, then you must go through each and every corner of the interior. From bed frames, door panels, chair legs, picture frames to cabinets, racks, stairwell shelves and dining room table chairs and legs, every curve is crucial.
Finished your dusting? Now let’s move on to vacuuming.
Carpets and Floors: Vacuum under the edges of the area rugs and then pick up smaller rugs to prepare for mopping.
Closets: Empty your stuffs out of the closet and vacuum into them, especially the hall closet; that’s the place where you will find a lot of dirt.
Sofas and Bedding: Lookout for the last night’s fallen chips or Cheetos at the corner of your sofa. Vacuum every curve of it.
Kitchens: You might have thought just to mop the kitchen floors, but I would suggest you to vacuum up the crumbs from the drawers or where you store the toaster.
Mop your way out of a room and make sure to keep the mop head go in the same direction of the grain of the floor. When it’s all dry, put back your rugs and furniture and everything you picked up off the floor.
Professional House Cleaning Checklist
Now that you know how to clean your home like a pro and make sure you print this checklist.
Pro Secret Tips
- If you want shiny and spot-free windows, then use a newspaper to scrub the screens dipped from the soapy water solution.
- Want to get rid of smelly fridge? Cut one lemon in two halves and place them inside your fridge (preferably on the corners).
- If you want your furniture to have a pleasant smell then you can sprinkle some of the natural aromatic resins like sandarac or copal.
- Use cream of tartar to get that sparkle in your toaster.
- Got gunk on the stove top? Use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- For a stainless steel sink, use a cleaning solution of borax and lemon juice and see the magic!
- Coffee stains? Spray a little amount of warm water and let it soak for a while. Get a mixture of liquid detergent and water and pour it on the spot. Then place a dry towel on it.
- Wipe down with a half lemon and some salt on the brass materials to let it shine.
- Use vinegar to sparkle your cloudy drinking glasses.
- Fill the bottle with raw rice and a little water to bring clarity in it.
- Use rubber gloves to take out the pet hair.
A Few More Tips…
- If you are busy and need to work all day long, then it might be worth paying a professional to come in once just to get started. Trust me; you will be able to maintain the level of cleanliness.
- If your room is quite messy mainly just from clothes that you’ve tried on but decided not to wear, then make a habit of spending 5-10 minutes putting them away before going to bed.
- If you are tired of the mess that normally appears as soon as you enter the room, set up a small area by the front door where you can land your incoming items.
- Do the dishes after every meal. That way you will not have to pile up for the morning.
- Try something that can help in making it as fun as possible for all of you. Turn up the stereo, keep the beat in your feet and have fun while working!
If you consider these tips to be helpful, do leave your comment below. And if I have missed anything, let me know what changes can help.