For those who want to get their house cleaned, you should be cautious on how to process with power washing. It can be quite complicated and tricky to make your home free from dirt, dust, stain or residue from the exterior of your house. This type of cleaning is very important and can be very problematic as well.
If you don’t know how to work with it, then here are some ways on how you can carefully use pressure washing equipments without damaging any of its paint, vinyl siding, windows or roofs. When it comes to paints, always consult a painting professional to avoid the risk of damaging it.
- Different houses can bear up different water pressures, so you must choose the one which fits the surface.
– For non-painted surfaces, such as vinyl, you can have the spray power from 2500 to 3000 psi model. These models works better for the stronger housing exterior and also facilitates more rapidly.
-Softer housing materials, such as painted aluminum or soft grain-wood, you can use 1200 to 1500 psi model. These models can help you prevent from pressure damage.
-If you want to use a cleaning solution, select a pressure washer that possesses a detergent dispenser.
- Wear safety glasses, gloves and other safety supplies for protection.
- To protect your house’s exterior like lights and plants, cover them with plastic coverings and secure it with duck tape.
- Now scrub whatever like mold, mildew, residue stuck on the surface with a brush that you are going to power wash.
- Prepare a cleaning solution and fill the pressure washer’s detergent dispenser. You can combine about 1 pound of a non-phosphate concentrated cleaner for every 4 gallons of washing water.
- Before starting anything, test how to pressure wash a house by holding the pressure washer with both hands. You can check whether the spray is enough to remove dirt or it might cause further damage.
- Now you can start at the top of the house and slowly move down. You can spray roof, overhangs and gutters steadily from side to side.
- Finally you can wash the top down with plain water from a garden pipe. Allow your house siding to dry at least 2-4 days before painting.
If you think you need to power your home without creating any damages, then call our pressure washing services in Hartford, Connecticut today!